New screenshots and game updates below! Please remember to “Like” the Gigaloth and Produce Wars Facebook pages, and to follow us on Twitter to hear more about our upcoming projects! Also, please drop us a quick Twitter message about your thoughts on the Produce Wars Box Art. Thanks for reading!
It’s been about a month since we last updated you on the progress of our upcoming title Produce Wars. After a ton of research and deliberation with the XBLIG community, we’ve decided that Produce Wars will be offered for only 80 MSP on the XBOX Live Indie Games Marketplace.
That’s one dollar folks.
As soon as possible, we hope to get the game available on other indie game outlets as well, including Steam and tablets. We’ve pushed back so many deadlines on this project because we’re trying to pack as much content and fun into Produce Wars as possible because we truly care about creating a quality, lasting product for our consumers (that’s YOU blockhead).
For those of you who are just now being introduced for the first time, here’s a basic rundown of the game:
- The Princess has been kidnapped, and as the intrepid leader of all fruit-kind, you must (of course) rescue her from the clutches of Doc Broc and his vegetable henchmen.
- Physics-based siege gameplay (a la Angry Birds and Beaver’s Revenge) integrated with fruitastic action-packed barrel blasting puzzle platformer goodness.
- Dynamic physics…blocks and fruit break into pieces that interact with physical objects.
- 8 tutorial stages plus roughly 75 campaign stages and bonus stages – totaling nearly 100 stages including fort destruction, saw blades, scripted baddies, flamethrowers, fans, bosses, and much more!
- 7 different fruits, each with their own shot behavior.
- Shot power-ups including fireball, lightning, frost, and more to help you conquer and destroy.
- Completely awesome and fast-paced soundtrack by your favorite Norwegian Castle Crasher composer Waterflame.
- No cleavage, blood, zombies, pirates, ninjas, pandas, or any other smut. Good clean fun.
- Available via XBOX Live Indie Game Marketplace for only 80 MSP (NEW!)
For the keen eye, the screenshots below show you some of the features that will be present in the game. You can see that beyond simple “knock-em-down” tower siege, the game will feature puzzles as well that the player must overcome. A large part of the game will be about the timing and order of your shots as much as your accuracy.
With nearly 100 planned stages, we are currently sitting at about 70 completed. This means we are closing in on getting the game through quick peer testing, shoring up whatever bugs we can find, and getting it available as soon as possible.
NOTE: The stages are currently in “physics-only” form. This means that no graphic eye-candy has been added. The game itself will be much more graphically pleasing than what you see below. In addition, the damage numbers you see are for debug and testing, and will not be present in the actual gameplay.
Please remember to “Like” the Gigaloth and Produce Wars Facebook pages, and to follow us on Twitter to hear more about our upcoming projects! Also, please drop us a quick Twitter message about your thoughts on the Produce Wars Box Art.